Qualities of a Good Soap
Having a particular standard when judging soap will be beneficial for both the consumer and
the businessman. The consumer will now be able to judge which soap in the market will be best for him or her. For
the businessman, quality control is very important in order to make customers happy. Judging each batch of soap
that comes out from your production line should have all the qualities of a good soap. Otherwise, it's time to
rethink your formula. These qualities only apply to natural soaps.
1. Soap should easily be biodegradable, easy to wash away with water. It should not be harmful to the
environment. This follows that all its ingredients should be earth-friendly. Ethics will dictate that all
ingredients be placed in the label of the soap.
2. It should be able to eliminate dirt streaks on the skin. This is the most basic quality of soap. It should
help man keep clean and contribute to the overall health and well being of its user.
3. It should be able to produce lather or soap suds. Suds help in the cleansing ability of soap. Without suds,
application on the skin will be hard and rough.
4. It should have quality ingredients. Oils, fragrances, colorants, additives should not be expired, bad or
rancid. Using ruined chemicals will contribute to the overall usefulness and quality of the soap. Some soaps, when
gone bad, are also harmful to the skin.
5. It should not dry the skin but instead help skin retain its natural moisture. It should keep skin soft,
supple and smooth. Check the label whether your soap contains glycerin. Most commercial soaps don't. Glycerin helps
in moisturizing the skin and attracting natural moisture.
6. It should not leave smudges on the skin. Once applied and rinsed well, it should not left any soap streaks or
spots of color. Some colorants are not meant for soap but are carelessly added into it. This should not be the
case. Color should be removed as easily as the suds.
7. It should be easy too rinse off and not too sticky.
8. It should have consistent color from the outside to core of the soap.
9. It should give a pleasant smell, not too strong, rancid or medicinal.
10. It should give a tingling kind of cleanliness, a certain sparkle to indicate that the soap has truly done
its job in cleaning and keeping the skin clear.